• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Its going to snow i got a 4wd problem, help asap

xj89

NAXJA Forum User
ok so recently i just leveled out my suspension and aprgaded to ajustable controle arms, which pushed my axle farther from the body. my problem is that my vacume lines are now to short for my vacume disco on the axle. It shifts into 4wd, but wont shift out unless i pulle the vac housing off and slide the color over and then re atach the bac hosuing. what can i do for a temp fix so when it snows i can engage and disengage. just lenghen the lines?? cuz i dont want to go out in the snow And disengage it when the roads not covered. Im sry if this has been covered but im class and have no time to search.

can i just jimmy rig it for tonight? and figure out a way to extend em. im planning on doing a posi lock but dont have alkl the parts yet to home make it.

I tore mine off once, I used a piece of rubber windshield washer hose and super glue. Put a little super glue on the plastic line and pushed the rubber hose over it. Worked like a charm for ten years or so.

8Mud said:
I tore mine off once, I used a piece of rubber windshield washer hose and super glue. Put a little super glue on the plastic line and pushed the rubber hose over it. Worked like a charm for ten years or so.

yea im going to go to the uatoparts store and just buy some rubber hose, should be to exspensive.

xj89 said:
ok so recently i just leveled out my suspension and aprgaded to ajustable controle arms, which pushed my axle farther from the body. my problem is that my vacume lines are now to short for my vacume disco on the axle. It shifts into 4wd, but wont shift out unless i pulle the vac housing off and slide the color over and then re atach the bac hosuing. what can i do for a temp fix so when it snows i can engage and disengage. just lenghen the lines?? cuz i dont want to go out in the snow And disengage it when the roads not covered. Im sry if this has been covered but im class and have no time to search.
If you got full time 4WD just leave it in 4WD Hi untill you get home.

If you have a choice get something with thick walls, that isn't to flexible. It would be a bumber to have it suck flat. The stuff I used was pretty sturdy.

langer1 said:
If you got full time 4WD just leave it in 4WD Hi untill you get home.
It won't have Fulltime since it's got the vacuum motor on the long side of the axle tube. NP231 there.

Back