• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering bracing, do it or not?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I just searched and man I can't tell if I should brace my steering or not. I just got 33s and though I'd just go with the C-Rok plates and I'll be adding a front bumper in a few months along with the TNT chasis stiffiners.

After looking though there are alot of folks wit hcracks in the unibody from the braces themselves weather it be a bar or plates doing the bracing.

So what should I do? Should I wait till I get all my armor or should I not even use a brace or should I brace it asap? I am assuming most still like the C-Rok?

yes I read this:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69009

My unibody started to creek shortly after putting on 31's. With 33's you're just tempting fate IMHO. CROK inner and outer plate and then cross brace it with the MORE or Rusty's if you want that extra bit of piece of mind.

edit: yea I just realized I did the same as Wil... I'll take all discussion back to the 'other' forum. :wave:

Last edited:
Wil Badger said:
i already asnswered in the other forum

Yassir you did and thanks for the reply.

xjmatt said:
My unibody started to creek shortly after putting on 31's. With 33's you're just tempting fate IMHO. CROK inner and outer plate and then cross brace it with the MORE or Rusty's if you want that extra bit of piece of mind.

You're scaring me now. So you say I could develop a crack from 33s from just driving on the road for a few weeks? Should I go order the C-ROK plates today?

Well just ordered the C-ROK plates, guys got me worried and I went ahead and ordered.

do most aftermarket bumpers fit with the c-rok? i know my Hanson fits very tight to the "frame".

do they go under or over the bumper mounts?

The C-Rok goes on under the bumper brackets. On my C4X4 bumper, there was enough adjustability for it to work. I could see where there could be a problem if you can't adjust your brackets.

xjohnnyc said:
The C-Rok goes on under the bumper brackets. On my C4X4 bumper, there was enough adjustability for it to work. I could see where there could be a problem if you can't adjust your brackets.
That's when you install your bumper by leaning it against a phone pole and driving forward :D

I just made my bumper bracket tie into my steerin box bolts, might have stiffend it up a bit. They wont pull through from the outside thats for damn sure, 1/4" plate

Back