• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

retrofitting rear winshield wiper ...

montanaman

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a '91 jeep Cherokee, with no rear wiper. It has a rubber plug where the wiper would normally mount. Anybody ever retrofitted a rear wiper? Any write-ups on the net?

Thanks!!

The wiring should be there. Make sure you get the large nut on the outside & the 3 bolts on the inside of the hatch. I don't know about the hose for the spray nozzle. The wiring for the switch should be in place, lower left side below the instrument cluster. HTH. JIM.

Last edited:
I was talking about the hose from the washer fluid bottle to the hatch. I don't know how I missed that fix on your site. Something to do this weekend. JIM.

That makes sense - now that you mention it I think I recall there being a different pump in the washer bottle for rear and no-rear wiper setups. At least that's my guess from reading something molded into the bottle a few years ago?

Washer bottle under the hood definately has 2 pumps...one for the front one for the rear.You will need a switch for the rear.Should have access to the right of the steering column.
Mine is right beside the power/comfort switch..Lower half of the dash will have to be removed.If you can find a wiring diagram the you could tell if the wires are there.

Back