• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 wheel linkage for drop down transfer case

I have a 3 inch lift with the drop down transfer case kit. I can't get it to stay in 4 wheel high lately and was told some time ago that I need an adapter for the 4 wheel linkage.

Does anyone have a link or you direct me to the part I'm looking for. Doing a search I only found this
Transfer Case Drop

From this thread I'd guess that installing this thing is a real PITA.

Since my lift is a 3" Old Man Emu from 6 year ago and has probably sagged to stock, I bet I could take out the transfer case drop and everything would be fine. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Marc

Does it work fine in 4-Lo? The only adapter I know of is what was mentioned there for the TJ.

What year?

Goatman said:
Hey, that's a great part. It would work perfectly for someone converting a 2wd to 4wd, since the stock linkage wouldn't have to be used.

Where have you been Goat? This part has been discussed on here many times! I really like the simplicity of my linkage now. I flipped the lever on the t-case so it points up and just clears the case when in 4Low. Then there is one link to the stock 4wd lever on the tranny hump. Works the same as stock too in that with the stock lever all the way forward, the t-case is in 2wd. Jeff

Back