• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater only works on high

Cfunnk

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished up putting the new 4.0 stroker in a 96, and the heater was working fine at first on all settings, but for some reason now it only works on high. I've checked all the connections and they are right, and I have also check to make sure there is power on every setting and there is, and that the switch itself was good. So now I have no idea what the problem could be, any suggestions??? and I did look around on here to try and find something like this and I couldn't come up with anything. Any help would be greatly appricated.

Otto,

Just FYI, I have read those Cold Heat soldering guns are major suck. I wanted one too, until almost every review I saw said to forget it. Now looking into a cordless butane job.

96 XJ FSM said:
The blower motor resistor is mounted to the bottom of the air distribution unit, under the instrument panel. It can be accessed by removing the vacuum motor cover.
The resistor has multiple resistor wires, each of which reduce the current flow to the blower motor, to change the blower motor speed. The blower motor switch directs the current through the correct resistor wire, or directly to the blower motor, depending upon the selected speed.
The blower motor resistor cannot be repaired and, if faulty, must be replaced.
I'll be doing a writeup later this week for this very thing - my '96 resistor popped shortly after I bought it last month. With winter coming up, it might be time to be able to move warm air around inside the cabin.

In the meantime, at the bottom of the page there are several similarly-titled topics that might help guide you in the direction you need.

Jim www.yuccaman.com/jeep

Back