• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

backup lights....

Grifter144

NAXJA Forum User
so i was searching for a while earlier and didnt find the answer i was looking for, and then my fire pager went off so i had to leave. anyway my owners manual says for fuse information to see the kick panel door, when i pull the kick panel door it says for fuse information see owners manual..WTF???...

so i pulled out my haynes and it doesnt specify which fuse is for the reverse lights....anyone have a diagram of the passenger fuse panel, or specifically know the location of the backup lights...

thanks..

Maier

the diagram for the 2000 doesnt exist. the dealership couldnt even help me out. I have looked and searched, but i must be el stupido. good luck and post up if you do find out where to find the fuse diagram.

wow thats real encouraging...guess its back to the trial and error approach....
thanks...i will keep looking...

Maier

2000 FSM Fuse #10....15 amp.

Just from looking at the wiring diagram, it looks like the NSS switch issue applies to this year model as well, so you might have a look at the NSS and consider cleaning it if your fuse search comes up with good fuses.

Dave

This thread contains a graphical fuse diagram for the 2000 and '01 XJs. Hope this helps; I had the same frustrating experience with the manual and fuse door some time ago.

hey thanks...thats sweet...printed out a copy it now resides in my glove box....oh yeah took the #10 15A fuse out, it was good,,,flipped it over put it back in and walla..i have reverse lights agin..weird...electrical gremlins....

Maier

Back