• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need R12...

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
My trucks AC system is empty, no refridgerant. I have a wagoneer that the ac works great. Is there any way to transfer from one truck to the other?

There are several R12 direct replacements out there and are cheaper than converting.to R134.

Freeze12 is junk. You get what you pay for. Oh and if your ac is empty that means it has a leak because refrigerant doesn't just disappear. so fix the leak before putting refrigerant in it.

60thAnivrsryXJ said:
Freeze12 is junk. You get what you pay for. Oh and if your ac is empty that means it has a leak because refrigerant doesn't just disappear. so fix the leak before putting refrigerant in it.

I did the Freeze 12 in my 94 XJ with R12 system and its a damn meat locker inside my XJ in the summer...

Why do you say its junk??

60thAnivrsryXJ said:

I have to disagree. I have used Freeze 12 on two vehicles over the last several years. No problems. Cools great. It is a lot cheaper then doing a quality conversion to R-134.
BSD

I was in Mexico again recently, was in an autopart store. Saw the huge rack of R-12 cans (with DuPont logos) sitting there on the shelf. 1 lb charges for a few bucks a piece, its so tempting. Anyway, I bring this up since youre by Canada. Can you fill R-12 there? I know Canada is more progressive than Mexico so maybe not. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Back