• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cut and bend or cut and cover?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I am deciding how I want to trim my rear fenders. I have seen two ways of doing it and am unsure which route, not really looking ot make a mistake here.

1. I've see where people cut upward slits between the pinch welds and then fold the tabs inward. Then they either keep them bent inward or screw them up into the to of the well. You do run a big risk of paint chipping and all that.

2. Where people cut out the rear like the front, but only to the pinch welds, which leaves some of the fender bracket holes still exposed. Then they get some type of trim and run it around the opening covering the holes and making it look clean.

I am wondering whats the "cleanest" look? I don't really want trim covering anything, but I don't want a jacked up wheelwell either. I may do like Jeepin Jason did and just make slits int he corners and then fold the entire top flat part of the fender inward.

Looking for what method people used?

The two above are actually based off what the two guys just showed links to, so thanks....just doesn't help me, lol.

Badcop said:
I said it as a pun to your reply in granpa's thread :)

LOL, I thought that was weird, I was like,what the **** good guessing.

cut slits and cover with some small trim like door molding stuff they sell rolls of at yoru local napa. on the straight sections you don't need to make cuts just fold but on the corners you should make enough cuts so that it makes a nice clean line. measuer yoru molding tape off so the molding will cover paint where ya cut and where any cracks in the paint are let it dry and put the molding on.

bj-666 said:
cut slits and cover with some small trim like door molding stuff they sell rolls of at yoru local napa. on the straight sections you don't need to make cuts just fold but on the corners you should make enough cuts so that it makes a nice clean line. measuer yoru molding tape off so the molding will cover paint where ya cut and where any cracks in the paint are let it dry and put the molding on.

I think I ma gonna do that, keeps the straight lines clean and less margin for error.

Back