• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Socket size info (Dana 30)

MJ_Chubs

NAXJA Forum User
What size size sockets are needed for the pinion nut and the nut on the end of the outer axleshaft? I have to gut my housing but don't have the right size sockets for my impact. Thanks.

Brent

MJ_Chubs said:
What size size sockets are needed for the pinion nut and the nut on the end of the outer axleshaft? I have to gut my housing but don't have the right size sockets for my impact. Thanks.

Brent

There are 3 bolts through the knuckle. Once undone (calipers and wheels off too of course) you can slide out the shafts/spindles/hubs all in one piece. No need to take them apart just to get at the housing.
Now the pinion nut might require a heck of a lot of torque to undo.

kubtastic said:
There are 3 bolts through the knuckle. Once undone (calipers and wheels off too of course) you can slide out the shafts/spindles/hubs all in one piece.

If one were only so lucky with them just sliding out.... Most likely, your hubs will be pretty much rusted in place and will need some coaxing with a hammer or two and maybe a puller.

Back