• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guys with 80CF AR/C02 sheilding gas bottles...

Jeffro600

NAXJA Forum User
How long are they typically lasting you and how high are they cranked up? Seems like i went through my last couple bottles at an alarming rate...

I use 120CF Aluminum tanks on both my MIG & TIG.The Mig gets used "alot" around here,I fill it up about 2 times a year.I normally run about 20-24CFH.

80 cubic foot tank, at a rate of 20 cubic feet per hour, equals 4 solid hours of welding.

bj-666 said:
u turn the gas of when your done using it right?:laugh3:

Yeah it gets turned off after each use, it just seems like the last bottle i used went WAY too fast. I normally run about 20CFH and the last one didnt seem to last more than maybe 2 hours worth of welding.

Im getting it filled tomarrow...guess i should check for leaks.

Are you turning it all the way on when using it?

when you get it back take a cup of dawn or other type of dishwashing soap and a cup o water. Mix the two and spray the whole valve down... If it's leaking you'll know...

Then do all the fittings on your regulator and lines.. You might find something there!

Back