• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just another newbie saying "hi"

dudemycar

NAXJA Forum User
hey all. first of all, i'm like really stoked that i found this forum.

second, well here are the basics.. i'm an almost-20 year old chick from good ole simi valley where everyone and their moms drive ford ranger prerunners or 24" lifted dodge rams. i love trucks though, so i don't mind at all. it's better than all the souped up hondas in l.a. anyway... i got my xj (the "cherrykee") when i turned 18, it's a '96 2wd 4.0liter inline-6.. since then i've put a 4" fabtech suspension lift on it (which groans now because i've jumped any and everything jumpable... bad idea!), and 29" tires (some no-name all-terrains from wal-mart) on rockcrawlers.

it's not much, i know... nevertheless i have taken it on trails from calabasas to moorpark without giving it any thought, and of course i've gotten horribly stuck 100% of the time. one time i got passed up by a ranger with a 2.0 liter engine on a big, sandy hill.. my poor jeep was just passing out before i even got to the top. laaaame!

anyway. i'm here to figure out how i can keep up with all the prerunners around here. i'm not trying to go jeepspeed or anything, but i figured that if i couldn't rockcrawl in it then i could at least mob through some hills...

so, that's pretty much it. i have tons to learn, but from all the info i've seen so far it looks like my job has been made a whole lot easier!

let me being the socal chapter "cupcake" say welcome to NAXJA
about making your jeep faster you gotta talk to the experts i call my idols :D

kevin "cupcake"

Welcome to the nut house. :D Assuming it's open diff. Get a locker, a 12V air compressor, and tire gauge. The locker should help alot (assuming you don't have the weaker Dana 35 rear end). The air for airing down to get a wider traction area.

Mike R

dudemycar said:
it's not much, i know... nevertheless i have taken it on trails from calabasas
There are trails in Calabasas??!!?? Damn... I never found any when I lived near there.

anyway. i'm here to figure out how i can keep up with all the prerunners around here. i'm not trying to go jeepspeed or anything, but i figured that if i couldn't rockcrawl in it then i could at least mob through some hills...
Paint your bumpers purple. That will keep you from ever getting stuck.

DCP_3724.jpg

Uh... never mind!

so, that's pretty much it. i have tons to learn, but from all the info i've seen so far it looks like my job has been made a whole lot easier!
And get to know MJR really well. He is the guru of all things XJ.

This is what Mike looks like when you wake him too early in the morning.
DCP_3640.jpg

Andy Steiner said:
Paint your bumpers purple.
DCP_3640.jpg

No, don't!

Welcome.

TIM

As others have said, "Welcome to the nuthouse" Pull up a chair, put on some thick skin and punch away.

Welcome to NAXJA. THere are a ton of great people here. There is a lot of information to be learned and the people here are knowledgable and don't mind wrenching on each others ride.

There are not to many 2wd folks here, but there is always room. You can always join us for the trail rides. If your Jeep won't make it, there is usually room in passenger seats.

One last thing, this group is hilarious and means no harm. Please do not get offened by some of the humor. Also, be careful not to earn yourself a nickname so quickly. Ask Cupcake....

I like your name for your Jeep ... The CherryKee.... very original.

Once again, welcome.

my nickname was hard earned i took a beating for it and i even spent money to buy a polo shirt and write cupcake on it so technically i worked hard for it

cupcake

kev0 said:
my nickname was hard earned i took a beating for it and i even spent money to buy a polo shirt and write cupcake on it so technically i worked hard for it

cupcake

I heard you ordered a window sticker as well.....LOL

Welcome to the bunch.

My only advise to you is to avoid herculiner and snorkels and the people who endorse them at all cost.

Other than that, I'll meet you at one of the M & G.

Andy Steiner said:
There are trails in Calabasas??!!?? Damn... I never found any when I lived near there.
Not legal ones... I live in Calabassas and ive explored every fire road out here.. ones that will lead u all the way to TO.

regarding your 2wdXJ like it was said, lock the rear and get out to pismo although you wont make it to far in the dunes you'll still have a blast playin around in the sand..

Last edited:
cracker said:
Welcome to the bunch.

My only advise to you is to avoid herculiner and snorkels and the people who endorse them at all cost.

Other than that, I'll meet you at one of the M & G.
Admit it: you're just green with herculiner and snorkel envy :D (maybe I should herculine the snorkel.. hmmm here's a thought: wanna come and help me paint my snorkel? ;) )

that gives me an idea a sticker in the back that says cupcake the possibilites are endless

cupcake

Kejtar said:
Admit it: you're just green with herculiner and snorkel envy :D (maybe I should herculine the snorkel.. hmmm here's a thought: wanna come and help me paint my snorkel? ;) )

Hey Remi,

There is an article in Feb issue of 4 Wheel & Offroad just for you. On page 88 a guy Durabak coated his entire truck! I think he say a picture of your Jeep and said, "Why didn't that guy finish coating that thing black, you can still see some red?" :laugh3:

rpraterxj said:
Hey Remi,

There is an article in Feb issue of 4 Wheel & Offroad just for you. On page 88 a guy Durabak coated his entire truck! I think he say a picture of your Jeep and said, "Why didn't that guy finish coating that thing black, you can still see some red?" :laugh3:
Well, I will finish it, I just ran out of herculiner at the time :D

kev0 said:
that gives me an idea a sticker in the back that says cupcake the possibilites are endless

cupcake

How about a liscense plate

Back