• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

? about backlash in a 9"

steveVA

NAXJA Forum User
my newly installed rear has a backlash problem I think, when I go off/on with the gas (lightly) it clunks and at very light throttle it sounds like a chatter, is my backlash waaaaay off?? and will this hurt it?? I have only put about 10 miles on it, and Im scared to drive it, Im guessing I need to get it fixed before I continue the break in,,good idea??

Does it have a Detroit? If so, there's about a 1/4 turn of play in it, under normal conditions.

Who did the assembly work?

CRASH

It has an ARB I got it preassembled from Currie, thats why am worried I have heard such good things about them,, I need to call them but they aren't open yet

Did you install the U-joint correctly? No play in the slip portion of the shaft? No binding in the CV? This kind of sounds like a driveshaft problem........they'll ask you to check the same things, so you might as well tromp out theere and check them now.

Andy

Back