• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evap Canister Hose Question

sflier

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed that the rubber hose coming from the fuel tank (actually connected to the metal tube extension running to the tank) to the evaporative canister has rotted in my '94 and came off. I replaced the hose, but I don't know where to connect it to on the canister (there are two spots that look like possibilities). I'm assuming it connects to this connecter on the canister (see attached photo) … the one that looks like it's plugged with a black plug that has a pin-hole opening in it. Is that the right place to connect the host routing to the fuel tank?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/slideshow?.dir=/4b26&.src=ph

Last edited:
Check the little picture of the emissions vacuum wiring that is pasted on the firewall.

I checked the picture on the firewall, but it just shows that it connects to the canister but doesn't show which of the two possible places it connects with. I have the FSM, Haynes and the parts catalog, but none show which of the two stand-offs this connects with. The other choice looks like it may be fresh air intake as it's short and has an 'x' inside it.

Back