• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm selling everything I own and moving overseas...

BrettM

NAXJA Forum User
I don't really feel like typing it all again... so please visit this post: http://www.naxja.org/bbs/nt.cgi/read/48762

I plan to make it to the meeting next week to meet some of you guys for the first and possibly last time.

Thanks guys
Brett

Aren't you in school at Davis? Are you going to at least finish the quarter?

Where ya being "posted"? There's XJs in europe too, ya know!
SeanP

yep, I'm at Davis, and no, I'm not going to finish the quarter. I thought my parents would freak about that, but they are totally supportive. In Matthew 4 it describes Jesus calling the Disciples, he asked them to follow him and they literally dropped their nets and followed. They didn't finish even one days work. When I return next year I am going to go to a Christian college and recieve proper training, and from there who knows....

My final destination will likely be the Phillipines, though that is not totally decided at this point, I am just going where help is needed. And as far as XJs in Europe, doing the Jeep thing has been great fun, but part of the point of all this is to get away from the things that society sees as valuable. Perhaps I will get a Jeep when i return, but I have no doubt that I won't feel as though I am missing anything important.

Brett

Best of luck to you......watch out for Al-Quaida......there not too fond of the whole Christianity thing.

CRASH

It will be a wonderfull experiance for you and you will grow greatly, may you bring many closer to Our Savior.

I did something similar 6 or so years ago, I sold my 69 mustang, 68 Ranchero, and my 94 CBR900RR Put school and my life on hold and served The Lord 2 years in the North and South of Ireland. It was very fufilling and provided some of the most wonderfull experiences of my life. It also brought hard times so be prepared for that also.

This explains a little more in depth what I did.

http://www.mormon.org/learn/0,8672,1022-1,00.html

PS Not hat I have knowlede of of your whole situation but unless you are flunking :wink: I would finish up the semester or quarter or whatever is a good stopping point in school. no reason to flush all that hardwork down the drain. it may also make it harder to get back into school which you may want to do when you come back. I left on January 3rd between semesters.

Good luck!! I did the same thing as Gary but only 5 years ago and in London England. This will be a very rewarding and challenging move for you. Enjoy and let the bad times and people just roll right off ya.

Rob

Back