• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1/4 elliptical susp

lucasxj

NAXJA Forum User
1/4 elliptical or three link susp is a new thing to me and i would just really like to know how it works and the components for it cause i haven't heard much about it but you guys on this forum seem to know a lot about it. so if you can inform me of the basics that would be great because i would love to learn.

do a search on Google and you will find tons of info. There is also a thread that has been running in the last few days on 1/4 llipticals.

Basically 1/4 ellipticals means you only have half of a typical leaf spring pack holding up your rig. You still need something to locate the axle, and that's where a 3 or 4 link comes in; which is control arms arranged in a way to control the movement and placement of the axle.

With a 1/4 elliptical, you need a 3 or 4 link (there are a few other options like radius arms, etc. but we won't go there). However with a 3 link, you do not need 1/4 elliptical; you can support the weight of the rig with coils, coilovers, airbags, etc.

Just search, you will learn tons.

Also, if you don't know what it is, than you don't need it :D

Back