• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ coils yield 2" lift?

MyJeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
There is a bunch of information about ZJ coils here, but I am specifically looking to find out how much taller, or better yet, how much more lift I will get, if I swap my XJ coils for ZJ coils? I can get them new from Quad, and I was thinking of a Leaf pack as was outlined elsewhere on the forum. Im lookin for 2" to 2.5" lift. Not 3" to 3.5". I am only wanting to run 235 tires (I know they will work with stock suspension, I am also wanting more ground clearence and aggresive stance).

Thank you for any suggestions,
Andrew

There is just too much variation to give a definate answer. Between the year of the ZJ, the mileage, wear and tear, and the ten different spring codes, it's just a great big toss up. I have used several different ZJ spring codes, and gotten everything from 0-1.5" lift.

Here is a chart I found on one of the forums I frequent (I think here on NAXJA). I can't remember who posted it, but it is very helpful.

ZJ_spring_part_number_chart.jpg

When you are digging around in the junkyard, look for the tags with the part number have a "G" in the code. Stay away from "F" tags. The "G"s are going to give more lift, actual amount still varies, but the best score will be the HD UpCountry pkg. Here is an article I did that might help you out with what you are trying to accomplish. Shoot me an email if you have any questions.

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm

Yeah, the RockLiz setup is what Im wanting to do. Trying to do this on the cheap cheap.

Thanks, Ill have to examine the RL setup in more detail.
Andrew

Back