• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fitting body parts to a '90

Beachmonkey6

NAXJA Forum User
Hey im in need of a hood, roof, doors, front fenders for my '90 xj and im wonderin what year models would fit my car? and could i get parts off a 2 door that would fit on mine? thanks.

Beachmonkey6 said:
Hey im in need of a hood, roof, doors, front fenders for my '90 xj and im wonderin what year models would fit my car? and could i get parts off a 2 door that would fit on mine? thanks.
are you 2 door? if so you can use almost 2 door parts. As in the pre 97 stuff will bolt on, post 97 some will bolt on some might require a bit modification (only exception is hatch which doesn't bolt on).
Btw, 2 door and 4 door fenders, hatch, roof, hood should all be the same: only difference is the doors (unless you're talking roof down to the pilar level, then you have to get the matching unit: 2 door for a 2 door, 4 door for a 4 door).

yea i was thinkin the roof might be a little shorter on the 2 doors ... but thats good that everythin else fits. thatnks.. oh and i asume the rear fenders wound not fit on my 4 door?

Beachmonkey6 said:
yea i was thinkin the roof might be a little shorter on the 2 doors ... but thats good that everythin else fits. thatnks.. oh and i asume the rear fenders wound not fit on my 4 door?
Roof is same unless you take sides which include the pillars.
Rear fenders would be different.
Front fenders are same.
Front doors are differnt.
Rear doors are missing.
You need a pre 97 hatch (as in fiberglass)

parts from 1984 up to 1996 will fit. also, the radiator from the 1991 and up will fit, which will let you get rid of the leak/crack prone rad. bottle, and make it easier to fill/ burp the radiator. the fans off of the 97 and up are better, as far as the elec. fan goes .

Actually, that newer-style fan was used in about 1994 or so - still good stuff though.

The hood on a 84-86 won't fit the later years without some work as the hood holdowns are in different places. For the most part though, the '87 body parts will fit the '90 as Beachmonkey was asking.

Back