• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash Panel Lighting Circuit

jeepguy68

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know the dash lighting circuit pretty well? I changed the speakers in my doors and I think I disconnected something when I was stripping the wires ( to solder them). I one of the speaker wires gave up almost 6 " of slack. I would not be so concerned except that the other wire was unwilling to yelid that amount. The factory would have installed simmilar length wires.
I am concerned that that wire was over or across the wires that provide power to the dash and when it gave it disconnectted the others as well.

Any one know where or what color the wires are that provide power to the dash lights.
( I already looked for the dangling wires. There were none.)

Jason

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that the speaker attached to the wiresis out putting soundm but it seems diminished. Not sure if it is the speaker ( they are not brand new) or if the wire is hanging on by a thread on the other end. I couldn't do much more tonight because of a lack of daylight.

So any info you have on that circuit is helpful. The speakers were stock, so there was no tampering with the wires before I got there.

thanks

Back