• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 XJ - what year stroker block?

krakhedd

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I did a search but have <5 minutes left on lunch break, cannot use Internet when not on break (shouldn't even be visiting this web site, break or not), and there were too many threads listed on response to the search.

Point is, my dreams of a stroker are finally looking like they may be <6 months away. 01 XJ, etc. What year block should I start with? I want to keep my ECU and coil-on-plug ignition, these are my primary concerns with a block.

1) Can I use any block, regardless of year, and bolt on my heads, intake manifold, etc. (and the Clifford dual-outlet headers I want to get)?

2) What year block will all my accessories - including (gasp!) A/C compressor - fit?

I understand the Renix blocks have a knock sensor which helps, but I'm not terribly concerned about this. I can just add some acetone to boost the octane if she starts knocking :)

Thanks, as always!

Back