• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock recommendation?

montanaman

NAXJA Forum User
Hey ... I'm going to put 4 new shocks on the 91 cherokee. I plan to drive it mostly on pavement, with the occasional foray onto washboard dirt roads and the beach. I generally prefer a firm ride.

I've used Monroe Gas-Magnums on my old chevy pickup and liked them.

Any other recommendations?

I like Doetsch Tech 3000's. I've been running them for several years on my TJ and just put a set on my '91 XJ. Firm, without jarring your teeth. ~ $32 each.

X2 on the Doetsch Tech 3000's. Better shock all around than Monroe or KYB for less money. OME if cost is no object.

raypla said:
I've got the Edelbrock IFS.

Is that IFS or IAS? The red powder-coated ones, right?

I put the Edelbrock IAS shocks on our Dakota a couple of months ago, they're absolutely amazing. Just waiting for an excuse (and another $300!) to replace the SensaTracs on the XJ with them...

i found some superlift ones on ebay scratch and dent that i might be trying out anyone know anything about em?

Opps My bad there it is IAS I think, it means something about an valve that opens or closes in an instant depending on conditions. All i know the faster I hit the speed bumps the better the truck takes them. Yes they are the red ones. Just AWSOME :) :) :)

Back