• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no power to rear wiper

amcmike

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 1990 limited andthe rear wipe is not working at all.thers 3 wires going to the wiper motor.i have power going to the blue wire and thats it. theres a relay beside the wiper motor and theres no power going to it at all.any help would be great.thanks

The wires tend to break just inside the rear hatch where the wires flex each time the door is opended and closed.

Check the switch?
Is there a fuse in the fuse panel for the rear wiper?

So how did you tell the wires were good. Did you use an ohmmeter to check continutity

swich is good,fuse is good,its something between the switch and the back of the jeep.is there a relay or some thing under the dash?

Not sure bout yours but on my 89' the relay was right beside where the wires hook into the motor....

old_man said:
So how did you tell the wires were good. Did you use an ohmmeter to check continutity

X2

A visual inspection does not insure that the copper conducter inside the insulation is intact.

Back