• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP!!! Cable Snapped, Can't Open Jeep Hood

malonso

NAXJA Forum User
The cable to open my 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport snapped and the extra wire is not retrievable. It's inside some sort of casing, seems impossible to get to.
We took off the front grill and can probably pop the front latch but it's still not opening. The manual says there are two latches, one is a safety, but I don't know where that latch is or how to open it. I need to open the hood as the car won't start, so I'm in double trouble!
Any help would really be appreciated.

This has been covered dozens of times. A search will yield several explainations on how to deal with it.

There are (2) latches for the hood that are attached to the single hood release. One at each corner under the hood. When you are looking at the front of your Jeep, there approx. above each head light plus you have the safety latch in the center of your hood. Hope this helps...

Back