• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CE light=1st Cyl Misfire

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
So my CE light comes on randomly, and I unhook the battery and reset it. It will stay off for a random amount of time, somemtimes hours, days or a week. Then it comes back on. I had it scanned and I have a misfire on cylinder 1. I have replaced the plugs, cap, rotor and wires all recently. The first think I'm going to check tonight is the tip of the plug and make sure its healthy. Second, the wires, because they are the stuipd ones you have to crimp yourself, and I may have screwed those up.

So list anything and everything that could cause a misfire so I know what else to check.

zfinger said:
So my CE light comes on randomly, and I unhook the battery and reset it. It will stay off for a random amount of time, somemtimes hours, days or a week. Then it comes back on. I had it scanned and I have a misfire on cylinder 1. I have replaced the plugs, cap, rotor and wires all recently. The first think I'm going to check tonight is the tip of the plug and make sure its healthy. Second, the wires, because they are the stuipd ones you have to crimp yourself, and I may have screwed those up.

So list anything and everything that could cause a misfire so I know what else to check.
Bad injector or connection.

Back