• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 Cherokee wont run after battery dying

wyominggun

NAXJA Forum User
Kids left the interior light on overnight killing battery. I then put on the battery charger and put on boost for a couple minutes as the wife had to leave right away, after a few minutes the jeep would crank but not start at all. I then swithced it to 10Amp charge and tryed it an hour later and jeep cranks fine but no start, I sprayes some ether into airbox and nothing, i can hear fuel pump coming on, from what I can see all the maxi and mini fuses are good, I switched around the relays and still nothing. email me any ideas to [email protected]

wyominggun said:
Kids left the interior light on overnight killing battery. I then put on the battery charger and put on boost for a couple minutes as the wife had to leave right away, after a few minutes the jeep would crank but not start at all. I then swithced it to 10Amp charge and tryed it an hour later and jeep cranks fine but no start, I sprayes some ether into airbox and nothing, i can hear fuel pump coming on, from what I can see all the maxi and mini fuses are good, I switched around the relays and still nothing. email me any ideas to [email protected]

my friend just had that happen, and it was the crankshaft sensor.

good luck

Let it charge at 10amp for a day. Many times when you deep discharge a battery, especially in cold weather, the battery develops sulfation. Many times they will never recover. Even though it cranks, the voltage may not be enough to get the computer to function correctly. Try swapping in a battery from another vehicle. That will tell you everything.

Back