• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Place to get XJ lifted around York, PA

If you feel like driving 1.5 hrs east, I'll do it for/with you.
Do you have a kit in mind? I know there are a few good shops in the York area, but I can't remember any names. I'll check my info stash, and I'll let you know what find.

jabrevaya said:
If you feel like driving 1.5 hrs east, I'll do it for/with you.
Do you have a kit in mind? I know there are a few good shops in the York area, but I can't remember any names. I'll check my info stash, and I'll let you know what find.
That is the ticket there. I bet there has to be plenty of Jeepers that are willing to help in your area or a short distance away for pizza and beer. If not, you sure don't have a friendly Jeep community. Are you taking away biz from a shop? Sure but they get plenty of biz from parts and guys lifting a F350 so they will survive. I bet even the money spent in gas, pizza, tools, and drinks you will still save a couple hundred $$. And most importantly, you will learn something about your rig and be able to help someone else someday.

GirlScout1 said:
That is the ticket there. I bet there has to be plenty of Jeepers that are willing to help in your area or a short distance away for pizza and beer. If not, you sure don't have a friendly Jeep community. Are you taking away biz from a shop? Sure but they get plenty of biz from parts and guys lifting a F350 so they will survive. I bet even the money spent in gas, pizza, tools, and drinks you will still save a couple hundred $$. And most importantly, you will learn something about your rig and be able to help someone else someday.

X2 I was thinking in your garage. What you learn and will be able to fix in the future will be invaluable.
BTW, I'm 2.5 hrs south.

Your driveway or a friends garage. Thats where I did mine. Took two weeks, every night, and all by myself. My neighbor was nowhere to be found. But it was a great learning experience.

bought a box stock XJ in feb 05 and started there and i am still going, but there aint a single bolt i dont know intamately ( with bloody knuckles ) and i loved to hate every minute of it! it is still my favorate passtime.

I would go with the above advice and try it yourself and see if anyone on here with experience would be willing to lend a hand. That's what I plan on doing once I get my parts. If not Hoak's 4 Wheel Drive is in Wrightsville (east York) 717-252-3602 does alot of Jeeps in the area, if you want to shell out $$. National 4 Wheel Drive is in York ( I think off George St.), not sure if they install or not.

Appalachian Offroad
2 E. George St.
Westminster, MD 21157

410-848-2942

another vote for your garage or driveway. why would you want to pay somone to put that crap on wrong? for the price you are going to be paying in laybor you could buy your own tools and put to on yourself. im guessing its not a long arm suspension if its the first phase of the truck. its simple. very simple. lift the tuck up. start with the rear to warm u up for the front. remove your ubolts and let the axle be free. but dont let it fall all the way, your brake lines are still connected. add your leaf/spring pack/shackle. remember buddy, its righty tighty, lefty losey. then in the front you drop your control arms and old springs and bolt in the new ones. no biggie. dont be a queen. do the work yourself

Back