• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

29 spline axles

desertrandy

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1992 cherokee with the 27 spine 8.25" differential. I would like to upgrade to a 29 spline axle and install a detroit locker. Does anybody know what the bolt pattern for the 29 spline is. I have all new wheels and tires with the 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern and would like to know if the 29 spline are the same or are 5 on 5.5 thanks

I have a 98 with 29 spline stock. I thought that a 29 spline wouldn't in a 27 spline axle without some major work done to it. But the bolt pattern is the same.

Same bolt pattern as the 27 and if you are using a detroit locker just get the 29 spline one and some shafts and your good to go. No modifications needed.

desertrandy said:
I have a 1992 cherokee with the 27 spine 8.25" differential. I would like to upgrade to a 29 spline axle and install a detroit locker. Does anybody know what the bolt pattern for the 29 spline is. I have all new wheels and tires with the 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern and would like to know if the 29 spline are the same or are 5 on 5.5 thanks

yes it is the same bolt pattern

Back