• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much horsepower

XJEEPER04

NAXJA Forum User
If i ported a HO head and intake put the injectors from a high output on my standard 4.0 how much of a gain would that be? oh yeah i got the header from a HO too.

I can't answer that, but I do have a consideration for you...

The HO models have no EGR valve, which the Renix models do have. If you live in an area that has smog inspections ditching yoru EGR valve will fail you...

Sequoia

I live in Nebraska.......to tell you the truth....I don't even run a cat converter

Well it depends on what else you have done as far as the rest of the exaust and your intake system. I'd say with a good exaust already on it and a good intake setup you could see up to 15hp at the higher rpms.

well what i have done is cut the exhuast where the cat starts and put a turbo muffler on and as for intake its just stock with the silencer taken out.

The HO exhaust manifold and the injectors give you nothing, the ported head and HO intake may actually be working against your Renix computer, since the computer is mapped for different flow characteristics.

Very hard to say if you got any gain at all. Does it feel stronger? At what RPM?

CRASH

You will gain a bit going to the HO set up but porting the HO head won't gain much. The head already flows enough to feed a stroked motor in its stock form.

It doesn't hurt to clean up the rough spots and open it up a bit at the bowl but don't waste too much $ and time on it.

I had some mild porting done (as I recommend above) and spent a bit of time port matching my intake and manifold gasket. IMHO that's all you really need.

Bones :skull1:
NAXJA #6

The biggest diffrence between the HO and the renix was the new head and intake aswell as a larger TB and it was rated at about 12 hp more than the renix so you should see some where in that range with those mods. Th renix computer is actualy the bet computer to use when modifing these motors. It adujsts to work with what you have far better than the HO.

Back