• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Daystar BB/3" coil/Bastard pack???

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm currently running a Daystar BB in my 97' and I'm looking to go up a bit higher. I want to attempt the bastard leaf pack because well, its creative, time consuming(I enjoys my garage very much) and cheap. If I leave out a leaf of two when I mess with the bastard pack I'm hoping to get 3", which means I need a 3" coil to balance the front out. And I've done some searching and I think I've settled on the Rustys coils.

So back to the age old question that I didnt want to ask...What else will I need to do? I keep reading conflicting posts, some say I need longer LCA's, some say i wont. The TC drop is a given. Some posts say I need a SYE, some say I wont, but I know thats always one of those "better off" things. A recent post on the Rustys coils someone said I'll need a longer trac-bar. So I'm at a bit of a loss right now. I'm trying to get my finances back towards my 240sx(shooting for 400hp) and college tuition. I also havent decided If I'll use the 1 3/4" spacer with the 3" coils or not. The spacer might make difference when it comes to my wallet.

Parts list:
S-10 leafs (new u-bolts/centerpin)
3" coils (kinda eyeing these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/xj-z...020802806QQcategoryZ33582QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem )
TC drop
4D Shims
What else, I'm trying to stay basic here.

Last edited:
On my 93 the 4 degree shims with the t-case drop of one inch made for bad vibes. I took out the shims and its vibe free. Oh it has about a 3 inch lift. On my Girlfriends 94 with 3 inch it doesn't need anything and its vibe free.. Just my experence.

I'm just worried that in the front, 3" spring + 1 3/4" spacer= almost 5" of lift. And for the rear 1" shackel, and some leaf pack tweaking could yeild 5".

I know thats where it starts to get really expensive, and I need to sort out the parts and decide if this is what I want to do.

Back