• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ heated XJ mirrors

FU-UR

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone confirm there is a defrost symbol on the glass of heated 97+ XJ side mirrors? I think that is the only way to tell them apart from non-heated ones.

Thanks!

Yup, little 1/4" rectangle (kinda like a tv screen), and 3 vertical wavy lines.

Yup, my '99 has the defrost symbol on the lower, inside corner of the mirror.

-Rich

yup that and the connector has 6 wires instead of 4. but the only way to tell from the outside is the defrost symbol.

Did you find a couple? I still need one for the drivers side. Then my Mirror upgrade will be complete.

Dingo

Yup. Just swap 'em out, no additional wiring necessary (as long as you have a factory rear window defrost).

dsc04313.jpg

Colorado_XJ said:
Yup, my '99 has the defrost symbol on the lower, inside corner of the mirror.

Same here on a 2000.

i'm gonna hijack for a second here

did xj's ever come with autodimming side view mirrors or anything to reduce glare?? i get HORRIBLE glare off of mine at night......

Fred85 said:
i'm gonna hijack for a second here

did xj's ever come with autodimming side view mirrors or anything to reduce glare?? i get HORRIBLE glare off of mine at night......
Nope. No auto dimming for the XJ.

Hey fellas,

anyone have any advice on how to mount these? Some a$*hole clipped mine last night while parked in the street. The local salvage lots have several for right around $50.

TIA,
Shawn

shawnmahmud said:
Hey fellas,

anyone have any advice on how to mount these? Some a$*hole clipped mine last night while parked in the street. The local salvage lots have several for right around $50.

TIA,
Shawn
They attach from the inside of the door window frame in the corner. You must remove in interior door trim panel to access the fasteners.

Anybody know a deal on a set of these? Been looking and really dont want to pay retail from dealer. thanks in advance for any help.

I've gotten both mine of EBAY, for less than 60 bucks for both, just keep looking, both mine are power and heated. i will say this is not the fastest way of finding them though, i probably took me about 8 months from when i found the first one till i found the other side.

Dingo

I found mine at the wreaking yard on a rolled 98 country. You would have thought the mirrors would have been a gonner, but they made it. I can't tell you what I paid for them though I got the whole leather/wood grain interor along with them for 200 clams

Yup. Just swap 'em out, no additional wiring necessary (as long as you have a factory rear window defrost).

dsc04313.jpg

Rather than start a new thread, I'll drag this one up. My 97 SE has the rear defrost, but non heated outside mirrors. I just picked up a 98 Sport with heated mirrors.

From what you are saying, it's a direct swap to put the heated mirrors on my 97? No extra wiring?

And if so, how's the easiest way to remove them?

Last edited:
Rather than start a new thread, I'll drag this one up. My 97 SE has the rear defrost, but non heated outside mirrors. I just picked up a 98 Sport with heated mirrors.

From what you are saying, it's a direct swap to put the heated mirrors on my 97? No extra wiring?

And if so, how's the easiest way to remove them?
Yep, direct swap.

Yep, direct swap.

Cool this rocks. Some follow up questions would be what glue can you use to glue the mirror back to the backing plate? Normally I would use epoxy, but I don't know if it will hold up to the heat. Also, is removal to remove the door panel, and the small sail panel on the corner of the door? Lastly, where is the plug to unplug the wiring?

Remove the door panel and the small triangular trim piece to access the torx bolts. Once you have the door panel off, you'll see the plug.

Back