• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 Cruise Control

Vertisce

NAXJA Forum User
I already posted an ad in the wanted section but I wanted to put one here too. I am looking for ALL of the cruise control components for my 2001 XJ. It does not have CC and I wish to install it. Cheapest I have found online for the OEM set is $250. If anybody has an XJ with compatible CC equipment that they are parting out please let me know and give me a price. Or if you know a website I can find one at for a decent price please give me a link. Thanks!

This is a very easy conversion. Mike (IC VP) just put cruise in his his wifes 99 a few months back. We went up to the local wrecking yard in Ogden and pulled everything we needed off a wrecked one for $40.
If you decide to go the used route, you'll need donor parts from a 99-01. The 97-98 parts look indentical but will not work in the newer XJs.

JEEPZZ said:
This is a very easy conversion. Mike (IC VP) just put cruise in his his wifes 99 a few months back. We went up to the local wrecking yard in Ogden and pulled everything we needed off a wrecked one for $40.
If you decide to go the used route, you'll need donor parts from a 99-01. The 97-98 parts look indentical but will not work in the newer XJs.
Yeah I noticed that while shopping around. Thing is to buy the newer parts they are like $250 new...cheapest ive found. And i havent found a junkyard with them yet.

Very easy conversion, you have to pull the steering wheel and replace the clockspring. Finding a good clockspring in the bone yard may not be the easiest thing to do.

jeepbme said:
Anyone know the exact parts needed for a 97?
1. the cruise control module that's under the hood
2. The steering wheel inserts with wiring
3. Clockspring

I believe that this list covers all that's needed.

jeepbme said:
Anyone know the exact parts needed for a 97?

The servo, the clockspring made for cruise and the steering wheel switches with the wiring harness that goes between them.
Caution, the switches of a 97 look identical to later models but they are not.
They have different resistance values.
I happened to have an extra set that I tried to use in my 99 without success :-(

Back