• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear wiper fluid on 97?

Jeff C.

NAXJA Forum User
how do you squirt the rear wiper fluid on my "new" 97? i don't have the manual. i assume it is the same button that turns on the wiper but it doesn't seem to work.

It should be the center switch in this switch bezel located beneath the temp. controls.
bezel.jpg
You just hold the switch down to get the fluid running. If that doesn't work, immediately after holding it down check under the Jeep for dripping fluid. In that case, the line is cracked/broken somewhere or possibly the pump is going bad.

The line runs down the passenger side under the door sill. Have someone hold down the switch (key on moter not running so you can hear) and listen by the front left wheel well. If you can heer the pump come on then you have eather a plugged line, or a hole. If you can't here anything. Then eather the pump is shot, or its not getting juice. The only way to get to it is to pull the fender liner. It is possable that it came unplugged or the connector got corroded. Try swaping the pluggs from pump to pump for an easy check.

Back