• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Meeting, 12/04/05

Captain Ron

NAXJA Forum User
Naxja SoCal Chapter Meeting, 12/04/05
  • The Chapter meeting was held at Fuddruckers in Buena Park. The meeting got underway at 3:00 PM, give or take, food line notwithstanding. :D
Board members present:
  • President - Geoff Sequoia
  • Sec/Treas - Ron Johnson
  • Pres Elect - Dan Turner
  • Vice Elect - Remi Rundzio
NAXJA members present:
  • No official census was taken. Approximately 25 people were present, including both members and non members (kev0 aka Cupcake... :D).
Old Chapter business:
  • See Sec/Treas report.
New Chapter business:
  • Vise Elect Remi opened discussion of Chapter Events for 2006. A repeat of this years Big Bear event is planned for the spring time frame. Exact dates to be determined after the beginning of the year, once other major event dates are known, so as to avoid any conflicts with other events.
  • SoCal's Adopt a trail was discussed. 2N04 in Big Bear is our trail. The need to log time was brought up. Chapter members that run this trail are requested to log the date and amount of time spent on the trail. Submitt this information via PM to GSequoia.
  • San Bernadino Forest Service meetings. Geoff plans on attending the January meeting. Proceeds from this years Big Bear event will be donated (See Sec/Treas report).
  • Chapter tee shirts. Progress is being made. Shirts should be availible after the holidays, more info will be posted shortly on the Chapter Forum.
Sec/Treas report:
  • This years Big Bear event was well attended given the weather conditions. Around 25 drivers showed up over the course of the event, many camping for the duration. The dinner and raffle were well supported, and netted out well.
  • The new JV event a few weeks ago was a roaring sucess to say the least. Over 40 vehicles were counted, dinner sold out, and the raffle was huge. Over $1800 was raised, $1500 of which will go straight to the "Friends of Panamint" for Phase 2 of litigation.
  • A PETT, potable toilet system, was approved for purchase. SoCal events in "dry" camping situations, and the Rubicon, will now have an environment friendly way to deal with the waste problem. The system is being held by Ron currently, and is availible for use during SoCal events. PM Captain Ron for exact details, and pick up arrangements.
  • NAXJA Recorder Woody certified the SoCal BOD 2006 elections, as follows:

woody said:
Based upon review of the voting results, I certify the SoCal Chapter election as accurate.

There were a few anomalities:

President's Poll: Two out-of-chapter votes for Dan, two for abstain

Vice Pres' Poll: Three out-of-chapter votes for abstain

Sec/Treas' Poll: One out-of-chapter vote for Ron, one for abstain

Congratulations gentlemen!

Assets:

• At the time I took over for Andy, SoCal had $213 in the bag.
  • Sticker sales brought that up to $252
  • The Big Bear event upped the total to $960

Expenses:

• PETT System and 25 pack of WAG bags, ($284.54)

Current Balance: $675.46

Expected Assets:

• As yet to be settled from the JV event, approx. $300

Planned Expenses:

• Equipment donation to the San Bernadino Forest Service, estimate is ($600.)
  • Spill kits, quantity and cost to be determined.
  • Chapter tee shirts, estimate is ($200.)

Unless we plan on financing a hostile corporate takeover of NAXJA, I recommend keeping $200, give or take, in reserve for the SoCal Treasury. :D

The meeting was adjourned at 5:00 PM, give or take.

--ron

Captain Ron[* said:
A PETT, potable toilet system, was approved for purchase. SoCal events in "dry" camping situations, and the Rubicon, will now have an environment friendly way to deal with the waste problem. The system is being held by Ron currently, ....

I sure would not want Ron's new job of holding the PETT.... :laugh3:

Seriously,

Thanks to all of you that work hard to keep this chapter going, putting on events, and all of the "behind the scenes" work.

save that for another person cuz i showed up just like i said with my bright orange polo shirt that said cupcake on it, johnny took a pic bother him if you want too

Back