• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1t Axle Bracket Kits?

Badcop

NAXJA Forum User
I just looked at RE and all they have online is the Tj bracket kit. I need a kit for a XJ without having to cut the old brackets and re weld them, and With the time spent on the 1 tons I want it new when I put them in, anyone know of anyone that carries the brackets for the front end only?

I know the TJ and XJ are virtually the same and Ill use the TJ kit if I have too, but with the LA I dont need the camber jams on the LCA's that the TJ has.

Also Id like to stay with the suspension I have, I really dont want to go panhard and radious arms. I know when Geepfreak did 0313's they went factory ford setup.

Badcop said:
I just looked at RE and all they have online is the Tj bracket kit. I need a kit for a XJ without having to cut the old brackets and re weld them, and With the time spent on the 1 tons I want it new when I put them in, anyone know of anyone that carries the brackets for the front end only?

I know the TJ and XJ are virtually the same and Ill use the TJ kit if I have too, but with the LA I dont need the camber jams on the LCA's that the TJ has.

Also Id like to stay with the suspension I have, I really dont want to go panhard and radious arms. I know when Geepfreak did 0313's they went factory ford setup.

Maybe I am missing something here. But what exactly in the Rubicon bracket kit don't you need. And what are you looking for instead? What is your current setup?

I guess I could make it more clear, Im running stock 30/44 axles with the RK LA setup. Im going to a 44/Eaton and want to keep my existing suspension. I dont want to pay what RE's asking, what are the other options?

3"x3"x.188" box steel, a 3" hole saw, and a 4.5" grinder.

Measure, cut, weld, drink a beer. Repeat as needed.

The RE brackets work for an XJ, many have used them. XJ, ZJ, and TJ brackets are the same.

I use 3x3 boxed tubing, 3/16" wall on all of my stuff.

The box is the proper inside dimension for the lower control arm brackets. It will fit RE joints or OEM bushings. The UCA mounts can be made from plate and with bushing inserts from JKS. For coil bucket raises and offsets, just use some .188" plate and your hole saw to cut the proper radius so that if fits around your axle tube, then just use the tops of the OEM 30 coil buckets and weld them on top of the .188".

Last question, I swear (well until I start cutting this week) how is the best way to support the D side UCA? I know factory is all molded to the diff housing, if I were to use 3x3 how much tie in would I need, would I need to completely box the top of the housing?

Just thinking a couple of gussets should make it strong enough, maybe even a angle iron gusset.

Will 1x3x.188 be strong enough for a bushing to attach the ULA?

Remember now the Rk LA is a 3 link front.

Also, If I were to keep the lower RK LA, could I somewhat traingulate from the middle of the axle to the factory UCA Uniframe mounts? Or is this going to drasticly hinder my flex?

I would think with a triangulated front on the factory mounts, its just going to allow the axle to rotate up and down form the outside through the heim anyway. Yes my pre-runner days would be over (like there ever were any) but the front would still be allowed to flex as normal or maybe even better.

I dont want to run a triangualtion from the skid to the axle do to exhaust and oil pan being in the way, last thing Id want to do is crush the pan on my suspension, hell its bad enough doing it on a rock.....

As CRASH said, make your coil buckets out of some .188 plate and the tops of Dana30 coil buckets...
picture.JPG

Here's my mount for the upper link on my three link...
picture.JPG

The bridge is .188 plate with some gussets added. The Link mount is 3X3X.188 box.

That's an OX locker diff cover.

I bent the truss with some angle stock and a Harbor Freight press.

Badcop said:
Nice, did you by chance keep any measurements from the build? If so could you post them?

i.e - location centers, size's, etc.

Mine and Jes's are identical, basically. Every build is different, though. Width of housing, transmission, transfer case and lift height all play a major role in bracket position and link length. Basically, get your housing all cleaned up, put it under your rig, and get your tape measure and angle finder out.

Here's mine from the front. A nice benefit is the LCA's disappear behind the front axle.

picture.JPG

CRASH

Back