• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep runs cold

txredxj

NAXJA Forum User
this summer i put a new modine radiator in and now it wont get hot. it runs about 150, and i put a new thermastat in with the radiator witch was a 195 or so. my jeep is a 90 xj and if it doesnt get hot enough it wont go to open loop. 180 i think is the norm for open loop. im not really griping bout gas mileage but it is really cold and i need a heater. all i can think of is geting a canvas cover for the grill to cover it up some. i ve never really had a problem like this before and im at a los for what might be wrong and i really could use some help.

ya mines got all the OEM items in it. nothings new. and so far this is the first winter i've had it. and man let me tell ya. it doesn't blow hot air at all. blow's luke warm air and thats about it.
i'm told its a jeep thing and i wouldn't understand. :D

I too did the same a couple of years ago; along with a new Flowkooler water pump. However, while it takes longer to warm up, it still gets warm. I would make sure teh thermostat is not stuck open. Beyond that, I would think it would warm up. An open thermostat, especially in the winter, can keep some cars from warming up.
BSD

I'd look at the thermostat. I put a new stant one in the jeep when I did a flush before the winter. Now I can watch the temp guage go to 210, then it snaps open and doesn't close back up. Afet it hits 210 I'm stuck at about 160.

Back