• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE help. urgent, in garage now!

burby777

NAXJA Forum User
I've read thru several sye writeups and cannot find what size nut is on the back of the 10mm 12pt bolt at the top? I've left the case in the Jeep and would rather not take it out at this point. TIA!!!

I dunno if this is gonna help you or not, but we didnt mess with a nut on the back of the 12 point on top of the case. As a matter of fact, I dont think there is one back there, I thought it was just threaded into the other side of the case. Have you tried getting it off and it is just spinning? Or have you even tried gettin it off yet? Sorry if this doesnt help, but i dont remember a nut being on there. Good luck!

That is an oddball bolt. Sometimes a nut, sometimes not. I suggest getting any bolt (3/8" I think) that will fit and that you have a nut for. It's not fussy if it's SAE or Metric. Not like it's heart surgery or anything.

burby777 said:
I've read thru several sye writeups and cannot find what size nut is on the back of the 10mm 12pt bolt at the top? I've left the case in the Jeep and would rather not take it out at this point. TIA!!!

You owe me Big time,just went out in the snow storm to check the spare case I have---15mm --its a big sucker.
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
You owe me Big time,just went out in the snow storm to check the spare case I have---15mm --its a big sucker.
Wayne
Snow? what's that? :) Anyway, thanks a ton!!! i woulda thought 10mm, but I couldn't see back there at all; I have the TNT skidplate/crossmember on and its making this process a tad more difficult than it needs to be.

I owe ya a beer next time you make it to Phoenix (it's 65* here right now! :sunshine: )

Back