• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a quick locker question

Andrew T

NAXJA Forum User
I have front and rear power trac no-slip lockers, and I need to change the fluid out in my diffs. I know with a limited slip you have to put some kind of friction additive or something... do you have to add anything with that kind of locker? Also, for a daily driver that sees moderate trail use, what weight of gear oil do you recommend?

TIA,
Andrew

The big worm's got it right. The LS additive is for clutch packs in the dif. Lockers don't use clutches, no need for additive. Have fun and don't get any on ya. Nothing like the smell of gear oil.

Dan

I use Mobil 1 full synthetic in my 35 w/a Lockrite. It cut the banging/ratcheting/poping noise back some. It also operates smoother during the winter with the synthetic due to the fact that temp doesn't effect the vescosity like it does with regular dino oil.

Back