• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE6200 w/ spacers?

XJ99

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sure some of you are familiar with the RE6200, well I found a RE6200 kit used and in good shape I will probably purchase....It has the DB's with the fixed arms. I wanted to throw a 1-1.5" poly spacer in the front on top of the 4.5" ZJ coils the kit comes with. Anyone see any problem with this and the DB's with fixed arms? Tryin to maintain a nice road quality while netting about 6" Lift. Long arms may be an addition down the road but for right now the DB's with support braces will hold me over and get me the amount of Lift I would like. Also will be throwing around a 1/2"-1" block in the rear to help level out the suspension and get me a bit over 6". The kit already comes with 4.5" extreme duty Leaf pack and 1.25 shackle. Any problems with this? Only one I potentially see is the control arms but whats an extra 1", or am I not seeing the whole picture? Any comments please

That's basically the setup I'm running. I don't have adjustable arms yet (aftermarket lowers, fixed uppers) and I've been able to align just fine and it rides well because the angles are still relatively flat and I've invested in good shocks.

Only thing you might find about blocks in the rear is that it could be too tall. Nice part about the kit being used is that you won't have as much settling going on with the leaves. I would say if you've got the blocks handy then put everything together without blocks and leave the u-bolts loose...then take measurements or stand back to look at it. If it's low in the rear add the blocks, since they're easy to put in (relatively speaking).

sounds right, I figured the back might sit a tiny bit bigger then the front anyway, so that last thought my be something to consider. I have the blocks sitting at my house, Im really not sure how big they are. Do you measure the block from the bottom to the top? If so they are barely a 1/2". I was given these blocks by a friend after he took them out for something new.

So since your sitting at 6-6.5" do you ever think that Its to tall? I'm currently running 33x13.50 LTB's on a sagging 4" with TJ flares.....theres a bit of room for flexing but the tires really take a beating on the rocks cause theres not a whole lot of room to go up and down. I'm gonna run the 33's til they are beat and theres still about 90% tread on them now. Dont wanna be sitting at 6" with TJ flares and have It look funky. Might do 35's when the 33's run down, but thats as far as I'll go until I get something other then the 30 and 8.25

Keep in mind unless those springs have sagged out, or your rig is overly heavy, you'll probably get 6" out of the 6200 kit.

My rig is "heavy" and this is how it sits with the RE6200 kit, no extra spacers, blocks, etc. The tires are 35's.

prerunner2.jpg

yea yours looks good, I found a picture of It on one of the other forums while searching a reading about the RE6200. I'd say mine is similar to yours, I'v got a 100lb bumper with 90lb winch and a few lights, rack with lights, rear tire carrier. Thats the thing I worry about. I dont want to overdue the Lift and I figure Its pretty easy to pull out the spacers If I dont like them, Just simply compress the coils and pull them out. The kit was used for a year and was wheeled but "in no means beaten on". Thanks for the opinions and pictures. Much appreciated.

Re: RE6200 w/ spacers? pics?

anyone else running the 5.5 with DB's and have pics, regular and flex? or 5.5 with a 1-2" spacer...

Here's my old XJ with the 6200 and 37" MT/R's.

100_0045.jpg

100_0554.jpg

100_0553.jpg

My other junk with the 6200 and 34" Trxus

100_1505.jpg

100_1508.jpg

The black XJ is gone now, and I lowered the white one by replacing the 4.5" ZJ coils with 3.5" ZJ coils and removed the RE extended shackle and put in a stock one. Here it is lowered:

100_1537.jpg

100_1595.jpg

100_1591.jpg

nice Jeep's, the black one rocks, what made you get rid of It? I saw the white one on another site. On the black one, Im assuming you didnt fit the 37's with only the 5.5", although Im sure Its possible with the amount of trimming you did and the fact that the mtr's run smaller? What axles were you running on the black one and white one? How are the 34's on the 5.5, and what made you drop the kit 1"?

XJ99 said:
nice Jeep's, the black one rocks, what made you get rid of It? I saw the white one on another site. On the black one, Im assuming you didnt fit the 37's with only the 5.5", although Im sure Its possible with the amount of trimming you did and the fact that the mtr's run smaller? What axles were you running on the black one and white one? How are the 34's on the 5.5, and what made you drop the kit 1"?

The black one is the 6200 as it comes, no spacers or anything. Quite a bit of mileage/wear and tear, and was sitting about 6". Trimming and bumpstops are important with 37's. I had the stock D30 and 8.25 and planned full widths, but the deal on the wheels and tires was too good not to go ahead and throw them on. Got rid of them because the two beastly jeeps were too costly and just didn't make sense to have two built like that, so I parted out the black XJ and got rid of it because it was the SE model no power anything. The white XJ was in much better shape and had the power everything. The 34's are really nice (Trxus 34's are barely smaller than 35" MT/R's). Once I finish my 44/9" that is going under the white XJ, then I will go back to 37's. I dropped the kit for stability. The 6200 is just too tall for stock width axles unless you are running very little BS on your wheels. Quite a few of my buddies are running the same setup as me with 3.25" BS wheels with 1.25"-2" wheel spacers. Low and wide is a heck of a combo for awesome stability. I would throw some spacers on my junk to get the BS around 2.5", but I'm not wheeling enough right now to warrant the expense that can go toward my full widths. I do not plan to lift the jeep anymore when I get the full widths in except whatever extra I may gain from the mounting brackets.

here's the 6200 with a spacer/shackle on it for about 7.5" of lift. on 36's...

28664.jpg

works well!!

Dookie thats a pimp ass Jeep right there....I think It's a bit to narly for my everyday driving but definatley nice! why do those 36's look so damn big? Skinny but I think I saw before you said they were 13.50's....

So GottabeJeep, I know this has been beat on a 1,000 times and everyones opinions unique but how was the driving on the road and trails with the 37's on the 30 and 8.25? I know being light footed is the key and not beating the hell out of your rig...How was It, any complaints or breakage?

I Just wanted to bump this up with a final question before It goes on this weekend....I finally have all the parts together...Im going with the Re6200 which is 5.5 (used) and 3/4th spacers in the front and 1/2" blocks in the rear.

I would like to know with this much lift do you think drop pitman arm is needed?
also do you think I will need shims and If so what degree 6?
oh and my last concern is that the trac bar will be to short, I'v read alot about people puting the 5.5 on and the trac bar only holding on by a few threads, anyone think I'll have Issues since Im using 3/4 spacers plus the 4.5 ZJ coils?

well, you'll have to do an SYE kit, hopefully you know this already and have planned for it. To get the pinion angle right with the SYE, you'll need at least 4* shims, possibly 6*. I run 4* with the RE6200 kit "as-is" and the pinion angle is dead-on with a HD SYE.

I wouldn't run a drop pitman arm unless you're also doing something to adjust the trackbar mounts by an inch as well. The RE trackbar bracket does not lower the trackbar pivot point.

yea I know about the SYE I had the porc hd unit, I havent ordered a shaft yet, Im waiting to put the lift on then measure for the right length

again, only if you do something to adjust the trackbar mount by an inch as well. On a coil-sprung vehicle with a trackbar, running or not running a drop pitman has nothing to do with how much lift you're running, it has to do with keeping the draglink parallel to the trackbar.

Back