• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help! Interior Fan, Power Windows, Wipers

3312DC

NAXJA Forum User
Hello...
I was hoping someone could help me with my problems.. 00 XJ
The worst problem I have is with the climate control system. The blower has been intermitant, and about a year ago I took it in to the dealership... they told me the fan was broken and it would be 800 bucks to fix... of course I didnt let them do it and a day later it started working agian... fast foward to now, the fan has only been working on the #4 setting, which sucks cause its hurricane or nothing... then just yesterday, it stopped working.
I checked all the fuses and nothing is blown. Maybe just the control head is blown? Anyone else have this problem?

Also, my intermitant wipers stopped working... and the second you turn the wipers off they just stop... they dont return to their rest position..

and my power windows usually only work from the driverside control... (no the windows arnt locked)
I have all these electrical demons... but the interior fan is the biggest one

Thanks in advance!

this is going to sound stupid but its the truth, about 5 months ago i was having the exact same issue with my wipers if you did a search you might be able to find the thread. Anyways i took the cowl covers off and went to take a look at the wiper motor then i started poking around with a tester that stabs through the insulation then everything was fine and still is, i think mabye in the process i fixed a loose connection or something, all i can say for sure is i tested every wire and then it was fine so mabye pop off the cowl cover and see if the plug is in all the way its been quite some time and never had a problem since.

as for the fan broken??? what fan the blower motor? cause those are way cheap

power windows no clue

funvtec said:
thats a nice write up

Yeah it is, luckily I haven't had to do it yet, although I'm sure it'll come up soon. Thats definitely a "step-by-step" though. Gotta love 'em.

i even printed it for future refrence

It's funny...when the hot weather hits, there's a million my-AC-sucks-my-evaporator-leaks threads.

When the cold weather comes, it's my-heater-sucks-my-fan-motor-only-works-on-the-4th-setting.

I was under my dash this weekend; the resistor fix looks easy to do if you pull the glovebox (3 screws).

Just replaced the blower motor resistor pack friday nite, have all 4 speeds back now, $42 from the dealer, also picked up a spare thermal fuse from radion shack and will repair the one that came out and keep as a spare. Do need to do the evaporator, might drop it off and let the dealer fix it when we go to florida during spring break..

CollinM said:
Seems like this topic has been hasta recently.

thank you very much... Ill try that tomarrow... I have a different car that I play around with, this jeep is my stock daily driver, and havnt been paying much attention to it... but its winter now here, and im driving it alot more now...

soo thanks, Ill let you know how it goes.
Cale

Back