• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bridgestone Blizzak Tires!

MG_43

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone tried these tires for driving on ice and hard pack snow. Or just for all around winter tires.

Last edited:
I have Winterforce tires from Fleet Farm that are almost identical to the Blizzak tires. They work great on the wifes car for the weather around here. Don't think that I will be buying a different winter tire anymore. These tires are awesome!

Kim

85xjwoody said:
I have Winterforce tires from Fleet Farm that are almost identical to the Blizzak tires. They work great on the wifes car for the weather around here. Don't think that I will be buying a different winter tire anymore. These tires are awesome!

Kim

How's the price on those? Blizzaks are really good, but expensive. A couple of years ago, I bought a set of Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice tires for the Grand Am. I thought I'd try thm because all the State Troopers and local Sheriff/Police cars are shod with them (of the "Eagle" variety of course). Very good tire. Only downsides so far are the price ($100+ M&B), and the fact that they are directional (great for traction, not so great for rotating).

MG_43...Cooper Wheathermasters are also very good, and good priced too.

Just remember they are p rated tires which means no serious wheeling or hauling heavy stuff down the freeway.Unless ya like the idea of being belly up in the median like an explorer

+1 for Winterforce, by Dayton Tire. I have them on spare rims for 2 of my vehicles, although not for the Jeep. They are great winter tires. One set I just put on the Grand Caravan a couple days ago have 2 winters on them, and they still look pretty close to new. They should be good for 5 winters. If I did not drive the Jeep on the rural mail route, I'd have a set on it too. But with the soft rubber compound on winter tires, the mail route would destroy them in a short time. Blizzaks are reported to be great tires, but they are roughly double the cost of Winterforce. Another plus for the Winterforce is the large selection of sizes available.

Last edited:
I've used them for 6 seasons.

Freaking best snow/ice tire - period.

You can be on glare ice and swear you were on dry pavement.

Yes, you can skid with them, but you have to be driving stupid in order to.

The biggest worry you will have with these tires is the guy behind you. They will not be prepared for you being able to stop so quickly....SMACK!

I have used Blizzaks for years. In my opinion no other snow comes close. I have used Winterforce, Dunlop and Goodyear in the past and the Bridgestone is the best. The Winterforces are cheap and a ton better than any other all season tire in bad weather. But check out Tire Rack, they did test between some winter tires and the Blizzak beat a Winterforce that was Studded. Either way any winter specific tire you can buy will preform better than standard tires. Now I live in South Carolina and have no use for winter tires but still have a set of Blizzks on TJ wheels wiht 95% of the tread left. Alot of good they doo me now.

I haven't tried the blizzaks, but got the Dueler AT revos, and had my first real chance to test them in the snow last night- worked fantastic. I stayed in 2wd and only really lost traction when I gave it too much gas around a corner. sticky sticky sticky tires- I love 'em
'

Studded Hankooks are what I drive on for ice races. They are the best combo of price and performace on the market. Blizzacks (I started on those) for non studded also if you want to save money you can go unstudded on the hankooks and still have a great tire.

i had blizzaks on my mx3 long time ago, before i found out what 4x4 was.... they did a night and day difference from all season tires...... love these tires...

I can't speak for the blizzak's, but i can speak for the goodyear, ultra grip is a nasty snow/ice tire. works fantastic.

How's the price on those? Blizzaks are really good, but expensive.

I paid $158.00 for all four tires for my wifes 97 Mercury Tracer. I dropped off the rims and in an hour they had them mounted and balanced for that price..

Kim.

Back