• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best way to cut rear fenders

Musettixj89

NAXJA Forum User
I have my front fenders all done, but when me and my brother went to go do the rear, we noticed there really isnt much room to cut. Im mostly afraid of cutting to much and exposing the cab, whats the best way I can do this??? Also will cutting the rear quater-panels weaken the unibody? kind of a dumb question but better be safe that sorry....thanks

Dino :cheers:

this isnt for your post, sorry. but i say in your signature that you dont have front doors. what do you have there? i want to take off my doors (2 door) but am worried that in winter, i wont be able to put them back on. thank you.

It depends on how much you need to trim. If just a little, you can split the corners to the inner fender well an fold them over. If you need to trim more, it's a lot more wore work. the inner and outer fender wells need to be tied together to retain strength for the unibody.

Dan

I just put relief cuts in the pinch seem, banged it all flat with the BFH, primed, Herc'd and slapped on rear YJ flares. 33" Swampers fitting good with 4" of true lift in the rear.

sweet, thanks everyone, I think im gonna do it like Georgia mIKE DID......there is nothing there where the doors were, i plan on makin some quick hinges so the doors will slide on and off with just removing a couple bolts....I saw it on a website but dont remeber the name of it.

Back