• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window Installers, House not XJ

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone here install windows? Local to southern California, Orange county to be specific. I need some help installing a 8'x4' bay window.

I do it, among other things, for a living. But I'm way booked for the next few months or so. Sorry.
Just curious...what brand and is it retrofit or new construction?

Kyung

Anderson window. I'm replacing two side by side windows. I have to rough frame in a new opening. I'm looking for someone to help only with the actual installaltion of the window. The other work I'll do myself.

OT corbina, do you fly fish the surf?

karstic said:
Anderson window. I'm replacing two side by side windows. I have to rough frame in a new opening. I'm looking for someone to help only with the actual installaltion of the window. The other work I'll do myself.

OT corbina, do you fly fish the surf?
Sweet. Andersen windows are very nice. And yes I do flyfish the surf. Although not as much lately. Just too busy. I used to go at least a couple times a week. How about you?

Kyung

corbinafly said:
Sweet. Andersen windows are very nice. And yes I do flyfish the surf. Although not as much lately. Just too busy. I used to go at least a couple times a week. How about you?

Kyung
Well just to be more objective, Andersen are on the average are one of the lower cost adn quality brands you can buy in replacment vinyl windows. I know this due to having I think 5 different companies come out to our home to give estimates and demo different brands. All in all andersen were the lowest on the scale of like 12 brands we were shown.

Are they a vinyl window that your doing? If so you might want to spend the extra 100-500$ per window to ensure a longer lasting, more efficient, better looking, and less likely to yellow brand. Even atrium would be a upgrade of some value. FYI to have 21 windows in my home replaced, Window master and Andersen were 10,200 , Atrium were 12,500, certinteed like 15800 and then there were even more $ ones that I dont even think I would ever have the $ for lol

corbinafly said:

Kyung

Kyung, you fish? Man, I kayak fish about twice a week if the schedule is forgiving and lobster hoop an equal amount with equal scheduling...

Stephan, if you need help I'm around... seriously.

gcurtis said:
Kyung, you fish? Man, I kayak fish about twice a week if the schedule is forgiving and lobster hoop an equal amount with equal scheduling...

Stephan, if you need help I'm around... seriously.
Grant, I used to be a fishing maniac a couple years back. 4 in the morning before the job and after till sometimes 10 at night about 2-3 times a week. Lately I've got too much going on and not enough time (or money).

Hope the front end install went okay. I think I would have stopped by but I was on at the job site today.

Kyung

ROBERTK said:
Well just to be more objective, Andersen are on the average are one of the lower cost adn quality brands you can buy in replacment vinyl windows. I know this due to having I think 5 different companies come out to our home to give estimates and demo different brands. All in all andersen were the lowest on the scale of like 12 brands we were shown.

Are they a vinyl window that your doing? If so you might want to spend the extra 100-500$ per window to ensure a longer lasting, more efficient, better looking, and less likely to yellow brand. Even atrium would be a upgrade of some value. FYI to have 21 windows in my home replaced, Window master and Andersen were 10,200 , Atrium were 12,500, certinteed like 15800 and then there were even more $ ones that I dont even think I would ever have the $ for lol
Robert, I don't know what you're talking about with regards to the Andersen windows. They don't make cheap vinyl replacement windows. They only make wood windows and doors with the option of vinyl or aluminum cladding. I've installed windowmaster, atrium, milgard, certainteed, Marvin, jeldwen, .....and Andersen. The Andersens are the best by far of the ones I mentioned with the exception of the Marvins. The Marvins are the shiznet, and you'll pay for them too.

Kyung

corbinafly said:
Grant, I used to be a fishing maniac a couple years back. 4 in the morning before the job and after till sometimes 10 at night about 2-3 times a week. Lately I've got too much going on and not enough time (or money).

Hope the front end install went okay. I think I would have stopped by but I was on at the job site today.

Kyung

No worries. Install went pretty smooth for the most part. Still a couple of parts away from soup, but we are close.

Just an FYI, there is talk of an overnighter to Truckhaven Hills (Salton Sea area) to wheel in a couple of weeks (Saturday and come back on Sunday early). Family friendly and there will be some women drivers there. See if you can swing it, I'd love to check out your stroked rig.

gcurtis said:
No worries. Install went pretty smooth for the most part. Still a couple of parts away from soup, but we are close.

Just an FYI, there is talk of an overnighter to Truckhaven Hills (Salton Sea area) to wheel in a couple of weeks (Saturday and come back on Sunday early). Family friendly and there will be some women drivers there. See if you can swing it, I'd love to check out your stroked rig.
That would definitely be a possibility if the wife and I weren't going to be in NORWAY visiting my in-laws for the holidays. Maybe next time.

Kyung

corbinafly said:

Kyung

I dabble, I'm in the process of setting up a rig for the surf. Got a redington rod, hoping to get the reel for Christmas. the nice thing is that the office is less than a mile from Huntington Harbor and only a couple of miles from Bolsa Chica.

gcurtis said:

Grant when is the overnighter to truckhaven?

karstic said:
I dabble, I'm in the process of setting up a rig for the surf. Got a redington rod, hoping to get the reel for Christmas. the nice thing is that the office is less than a mile from Huntington Harbor and only a couple of miles from Bolsa Chica.

Stephan, are you up for trying kayak fishing? Great way to get to the spots while being stealth and I could always use more fishing buds.

gcurtis said:
Stephan, are you up for trying kayak fishing? Great way to get to the spots while being stealth and I could always use more fishing buds.

Uh yeah!! Got an extra yak?

karstic said:
Do you go to Bob Marriotts for stuff? I've known some of the guys there for years. If you ever need advice or help on flyfishing don't hesitate to ask or go see Bryan at Marriotts. He's a good friend of mine. He can help you out.

Kyung

corbinafly said:
Do you go to Bob Marriotts for stuff? I've known some of the guys there for years. If you ever need advice or help on flyfishing don't hesitate to ask or go see Bryan at Marriotts. He's a good friend of mine. He can help you out.

Kyung

Only live a couple of blocks from there:thumbup:

karstic said:
Only live a couple of blocks from there:thumbup:
sweet.

gcurtis said:
Negative. I have people go over to Malibu in Sunset Beach and rent one. Cheap and the yaks are designed for fishing with stability being key.

Thats only a few blocks from work :thumbup:

Grant where do you launch from? what do you wear when 'yak fishing? Wetsuit?

Back