• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fog lights and high beams

JEEPSPEEDRCR

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 XJ and I just installed 100w bulbs in my fog lights, I don't use the fogs at all on the road so i would like to be able to run the fog lights and the high beams. Right now i can only use the fogs w/ low beams, is there a way other than re-wiring the fogs to make them run seperately from the head lights? I want to be able to run the fogs w/ high beams.
thanks

JEEPSPEEDRCR said:
I have a 2001 XJ and I just installed 100w bulbs in my fog lights, I don't use the fogs at all on the road so i would like to be able to run the fog lights and the high beams. Right now i can only use the fogs w/ low beams, is there a way other than re-wiring the fogs to make them run seperately from the head lights? I want to be able to run the fogs w/ high beams.
thanks

Rewiring would be the only option. I'm assuming you have the stock setup?

Last edited:
Here's a very easy solution to keep the fogs on with the high beams. Find the fog light relay in the Power Distribution Center under your hood. Remove the relay and bend up the blade that triggers the relay to shut off with the high beam, reinstall and your golden. Just so you know, there are legal strictions regarding lighting, blah blah blah.... (you get the disclaimer idea thingy right? :))

fog_relay_bend.jpg

JEEPZZ said:
Here's a very easy solution to keep the fogs on with the high beams. Find the fog light relay in the Power Distribution Center under your hood. Remove the relay and bend up the blade that triggers the relay to shut off with the high beam, reinstall and your golden. Just so you know, there are legal strictions regarding lighting, blah blah blah.... (you get the disclaimer idea thingy right? :))

fog_relay_bend.jpg

Alright, where is this pic from? I have never been able to locate a picture of an XJ with the AIRAID setup under the hood.

Last edited:
91 Jeep Project said:
Alright, where is this pic from? I have never been able to locate a picture of an XJ with the AIRAID setup under the hood.
The pic is a TJ but the relay in the PDC is the same.

Might want to carry a spare good relay for inspection purposes. I know in VA that'll fail.
Jeff

Back