• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hiem Ends

markaboo929 said:
which hiem ends do you suggest are the best to use?i currently have Qa1 and dont like them due to the fact that they did not last me more than 6 months.

It has little to do with the rod end manufacturer, they all make good products. You have to buy the particular rod end that is rated to handle what you are using them for, and you have to use the right size.

What are you using them on?

Goatman said:
It has little to do with the rod end manufacturer, they all make good products. You have to buy the particular rod end that is rated to handle what you are using them for, and you have to use the right size.

What are you using them on?

X2.

I have QA1's and could not be happier. I think they have been on my cross over steering for about 2 years, and still going strong.

Michael

I havent had any problems with my QA1's from Poision Spyder...

Best heim's - Aurora (personal preference) but QA 1's are an excellent product.

If they are only lasting you 6 months I suspect they are under spec'd for the load they are experiencing.

Or possibly you drive in a very muddy or sandy area and the dirt is accelerating the wear. The sand acts like grinding paste, destroying the teflon lining, or the race if not teflon lined.

Heim's are high maintenance items and should be cleaned and lubed after every trail run (kinda impractical though). You can purchase rubber boots that cover the heim to prevent dirt penetrating the joint.

On Indycars we used to replace (yup replace not just clean and lube) the suspension heims every 1000 miles - typically a test session, practice, qualy and race. And an Indycar operates in a much cleaner enviroment than your XJ.

HTH.

I had QA1's that rattled the day I put them on. Never did like them.

I've been using FK's for a few years now and I'm much happier with them.

Unlike Grant I'm to lazy to do any maintenance. I figure the oil leaking out does a good enough job. :D

I had all Aurora 3/4 x 5/8 heims on my XJ that were purchased through Spidertrax. My track bar heims started getting loose after about 3 years of hard wheelin'.

I bought some QA'1 heims to replace the sloppy ones, and they didn't last 3 months.

Went back to Aurora's.....much better :)

Rick

thanx for the input i am using them for steering.i would not use tiny hiems for suspension links-no way-so it really does depend on you get what you pay for- then aruora it is.

Aurora teflon lined.

Back