• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP207/NP231 front seal

Mr.OverKill

NAXJA Forum User
i got the front seal for the 207 do i need an O ring for the front out put shaft/ yoke mount nut? i put the yoke out of the 231 in the 207 so i could run the cardan drive shaft and now all the fluid has leaked out ( quickly leaked out ), any advise will be appriciated.
thanks

bump, no one will help???

Mine was leaking, noticed it had a new seal in it when I bought it. Replaced the seal anyway and while doing the job, noticed the crush type rubber washer was missing (between the base of the yoke and the bearing face). I made a washer and put a dab of silicon, on both sides of the washer and around the base of the splines. I put the silicon on with an artist brush and tried to keep the excess down, so the yoke would come back off someday. I have quite a bit of play in my output shaft, but the seal has been holding for over a year now. I did put in an extra driveshaft I had, mine was kind of weak in the center over spring (in the carden) and was probably causing the front shaft to flop around a bit.

Back