• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Raised pitman arm?

Angus

NAXJA Forum User
OK this is going to sound strange, but is there a bolt on pitman arm that is higher than stock. I have a WJ front end conversion with all the linkage mounted below the knuckels. I want to make it a true high steer, but my drag link to trac bar angle will be off. If I found a higher/straight pitman arm that would solve the issue. I would normally just lower the trac rod frame bracket, but the current one is great. I also allready have the JKS trac bar raised bracket on the axle.

Thanks, Angus

Angus said:
OK this is going to sound strange, but is there a bolt on pitman arm that is higher than stock. I have a WJ front end conversion with all the linkage mounted below the knuckels. I want to make it a true high steer, but my drag link to trac bar angle will be off. If I found a higher/straight pitman arm that would solve the issue. I would normally just lower the trac rod frame bracket, but the current one is great. I also allready have the JKS trac bar raised bracket on the axle.

Thanks, Angus

Angus, isn't a TJ pitman shorter in drop? IIRC, it is by an inch or better.

Are you running a straight or bent trackbar?

My trac bar is bent for oil pan clearance? It is a modified JKS bar. Of course the angles are measured from bolt to bolt iregardless of the path the bar itself takes.

I don't remember about the length of it, but you might want to look at an FSJ pitman arm, they are FLAT. A drop arn for an FSJ is about the same as an XJ or ZJ.

IdahoEagle said:
I don't remember about the length of it, but you might want to look at an FSJ pitman arm, they are FLAT. A drop arn for an FSJ is about the same as an XJ or ZJ.

incorect

the FSJ pitman arm is too long for a d30 knuckle (or at least stock ones)...

Back