• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

List for front swap

alpinetiburon04

NAXJA Forum User
I want to turn my front and back end out to a 97-01 look, but I can't find a complete list of everything I need. Some stuff I'm sure I'll just buy on eBay, while a lot I'm hoping to get from some wrecking yards. So far I've got the following list, but what else will I need? Bolts? Rivots? What?

front header panel, both headlights, four turn signals, flasher sockets, front fenders, front bumper, front bumper end caps, front and rear fender flares, front/rear bumper brackets, rear bumper and end caps. I've also seen that I need splash shields, but I'm not if these are the inner wheel wells or mud gaurds.

All I can ask is, why? It's going to be a lot of work and in the end more time, effort, and expense than just buying a newer model. I mean, if you're just doing it for the fun of the project and to be able to say you did, great. But if you want the newer model look and you think this is the easiest or cheapest way to get it I think you're going to end up sorely disappointed.

I only paid $250 for my XJ. I could have gotten a 2001 fully loaded for $5800. And people are doing these conversions for like $300. Not too expensive for a fun project. I only bought my Jeep it so I'd have something to do with my spare time at work. So I guess I still kinda need a list.

Well, you got everything except the rear hatch, and door handles if you want to replace those as well. You don't need headlights though, just the bezel that surrounds them, the grill, and the lenses for the turn signals *4 total* The front headerpanel will bolt into your older xj without a problem, and the only hard part will be to change the rear hatch, since the hinges are way different.

I'm not worried about the hatch. I was thinking about it, but I couldn't care less about it at this point. I don't need late model splash guards or inner fender wells or anything?

Yes it IS a tasty burger, I just wish I had some sprite to wash it down....

Anyway, you won't need any inner fender well parts unless you really want them... Splash guards also aren't necessary if you don't really need them.

Say "what" Again!!!

Back