• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring mod ?'s

mengleff

NAXJA Forum User
i'm going to wire in a switch for my aux fan and bolt a better light on under the bumper for back-up lights...
the aux fan- i've read everything there is to read on this, and this is probably somewhat redundant... can i just locate a full/part-time hot connection on my fuse box and plug in a male blade type connector right? and run that to my switch, then splice that to the wire ahead of the relay? my xj is a '90 so i don't need to worry about a new relay cuz of the ecu...? do i need to put an inline fuse anywhere? if i do, what amp?
pretty much same ?'s about wiring a new extra back-up light, i'm under the impression that i can locate the hotwire that's lighting up the back-up lights when i hit reverse and splice into one of those for an extra light. is this correct? i want to wire that same light for a switch, can i do the same thing, ie; locate a full-time hot connection from the fuse box with a male blade connector to a switch, then to the light? do i need an in-line fuse anywhere if i can do it this way?
none of my knowledge about this stuff is real-life, so i much appreciate any answers :D

anybody done this on a pre '91 xj?

alrighty then.

trial and error it is. hood vents, back-up light and aux fan manual switch today. i'll let you guys know how it went...

I'd at least set up the back-up light on a seperate swith.Not running with the back-up lights that are factory. Its handy not to blind people when backing up and also nice to run the light 'hot' without the ignition swith on.

Back