• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help....

EMTJeepers

NAXJA Member #910
Maybe I'm not searching for the right things, but I just can't find information on the below problems. 99 Sport

1. Front Blinker/running light. Inside/Passenger side. Seems to be a plugin replacement, but can't find the part. I think it has 95023L on the part, but the stealership can't find reference to it... How do I replace it?

2. Heater control. It seems that the vent(?) is stuck closed and doesn't allow the heat through? I though vacumn, but when I took the controls off, it is electronic. I eventually get heat, but I can tell something is not open. I replaced the controller that controlls the fan speed, it was rusted out, is there something else I need to look at?

3. Idle... It doesn't Idle up anymore when it is cold? TPS???(Throttle Position Sensor?)

Thanks Guys & Gals...

Kevin

helix said:
what do you mean it doesnt idle... ?

Sorry.. was in a rush to finish typing... It doesn't FAST Idle to warm up, it always idles around 800 no matter how cold/hot it is. It used to idle around 1200 or so when it was cold.

Thanks!

EMTJeepers said:
Sorry.. was in a rush to finish typing... It doesn't FAST Idle to warm up, it always idles around 800 no matter how cold/hot it is. It used to idle around 1200 or so when it was cold.

Thanks!

part numbers on the pig tail... read...

9125 12 (in ink)
95023L (stamped in with the chrysler symbol.)

langer1 said:
Why don’t you start over and try to be more coherent, I don’t know what your asking.

Don't know how much more I can be clear?

Question 1 is replacement of the pigtail? Front marker/blinker light... I added the reply for the part numbers after calling my wife...

2. My heater doesn't seem to be opening to allow the heat in? Didn't know what else to say about that...

3. I explained in another post that it doesn't fast Idle...

I know how to do most of my own work, just not great at explaining... Tried to use the plain english approach instead of trying to go technical on stuff I don't know.

Thanks Again... :laugh3:

1) Your dealer is an idiot if he's telling you they don't make/sell replacements for a light that is frequently replaced (collision damage).

2 and 3) Since your HVAC *and* your idle is not acting normal, I'd double-triple check ALL of your vac connections. Go to the canister (in the bumper under the pass headlight) and follow all the lines to the components and the manifold. I had a hole in the hard black plastic line where it was rubbing against the battery.

TacticalFats said:
1) Your dealer is an idiot if he's telling you they don't make/sell replacements for a light that is frequently replaced (collision damage).

2 and 3) Since your HVAC *and* your idle is not acting normal, I'd double-triple check ALL of your vac connections. Go to the canister (in the bumper under the pass headlight) and follow all the lines to the components and the manifold. I had a hole in the hard black plastic line where it was rubbing against the battery.

1.. thanks.. that is what I told them, but I checked with 3 stealerships... no part listed... And when I asked yesterday, they wouldn't do a part number lookup for me.. said they didn't have the ability.

2&3.. both could be vacumn? I'll try and go through the lines this weekend. Any tricks for finding leaks? WD40? Spray Bottle? any of those work? or others...

Thanks,,,, Hope I'm not coming across wrong.. Just very frustrated at this point..

Kevin

Forgot to mention.. I did replace the radiator with a 3 core for towing, and replace the tstat and hoses... So I know the engine heat is OK...

Have Autozone check your engine codes.
A vacuum leak causes high idle so I doubt it's that.
Wd40 is fine and the pigtail you need is easy to get a Autozone, they are universal.
Oh and the Dealer only sells the whole harness, that why they can't help.

langer1 said:
Have Autozone check your engine codes.
A vacuum leak causes high idle so I doubt it's that.
Wd40 is fine and the pigtail you need is easy to get a Autozone, they are universal.
Oh and the Dealer only sells the whole harness, that why they can't help.

Langer.. thanks By engine codes do you mean the ODBII codes? If so, I have a reader, and nothing comes up...

Will the pigtail be able to connect to the front socket without a problem? And I just have to rewire the three wires? I'll stop on my way home.. Am getting really tired of the fast blink when making right hand turns... :wierd:

Yep you will need to cut and splice no biggie. Pick up a can of SeaFoam fuel injection system cleaner for the idle problem.
As for the heat. Are you saying there is no air comming out of the vents or there is but it's cold?
Is your thermostat still good?

langer1 said:
Yep you will need to cut and splice no biggie. Pick up a can of SeaFoam fuel injection system cleaner for the idle problem.
As for the heat. Are you saying there is no air comming out of the vents or there is but it's cold?
Is your thermostat still good?

I've pushed through a couple cans of fuel injector cleaner...

Thermostat was replace two months ago, so I know that is good.. Temp gauge reads real well.

The air is coming out, I get really good AC(even in the summer :laugh3: ), I did replace the blower switch, so I have all four fan speeds.. I know when I replaced my wifes blower switch, I could see a little vent door that looked like it needed to be open for the heat to come in from the heater core. Just didn't know if the cherokee worked the same way.

Hope that makes sence... or is it sense?

Hey EMT Jeepers...

I found this plug in part and can't find where it plugs into... Would you be able to point me in the right direction?

Back