• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Difference in tire wear question, tough search subject...

a_hiatt

NAXJA Forum User
last summer i was low on cash and my tsl's were about ready to bite it so i saw a set of 32x11.50 on chrome*shiver* 15x10's for cheap so i had to get them cause i was near broke and they were super cheap. well im fed up with them finally, they are some crap off brand m/t's and they suck as you've probably already figured out by now. someone fairly close to me on the forums is selling 4 mt/r's but two are near shot.

so basically my question is how big of a difference of tread can you run, i'm thinking of picking the two with good tread up and buying two new ones for the back. it will save me a lot of money but still give me good tires, and money is tight as it is with all of us, but im in college w/o a job so its worse for me. i'll post a pic of the tires, they are Gil Bulykatz's

mtr2.jpg

mtr1.jpg

run a matched set on each axle...

right now i am runnin tires with 3 different wear patterns on them - 2 up front are the same, 1 in back is bald, and one in back is brand new... no issues... but then again - i dont have lockers either...

yeah im sure they would see snow. but wouldnt i want to run the newer ones in back on dry pavement because they wear a bit faster. but in snow i can see why

Gill is right. Put the taller of the tires on the front. It won't make much difference until you hit 4wd on the highway. On early 4x4's they would routinely run slightly lower numerical ratio in the front to help the steering. Mixing tread patterns can cause some squirrely handling in and of it self. Really the biggest thing is the flex rate on the side walls that can make for interesting steering. Good Luck

i think they're fairly close, i know of people that have ran pretty big differences. any chance anyone would be up by chicago and be coming down by the bloomington or effingham area?

Back