• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

goferit style inserts

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Who has used them? how did you use them (as in what what did you do to your steering setup).
I am trying to find the best way to skin the cat called OTK D30 setup. I've read up on the WJ knuckles and that setup doesn't appeal to me at the moment as the D30 setup will be a semi temporary thing.
At this point I think I can kind of imitate a YJ setup, except I'm short one mounting hole on the passenger side with the regular XJ knuckle. Did anyone get around that? or did most that did the insert took the inverted Y and just flipped it up and over?

Kejtar said:
Who has used them? how did you use them (as in what what did you do to your steering setup).
I am trying to find the best way to skin the cat called OTK D30 setup. I've read up on the WJ knuckles and that setup doesn't appeal to me at the moment as the D30 setup will be a semi temporary thing.
At this point I think I can kind of imitate a YJ setup, except I'm short one mounting hole on the passenger side with the regular XJ knuckle. Did anyone get around that? or did most that did the insert took the inverted Y and just flipped it up and over?
Guess I don't understand all of what your goal is with the inserts, but they work well and install easily.
Be sure to tack weld it to the knuckle or you'll be sorry later.
If you wanted to install them on both knuckles and run a right hand drive drag link this appears to be the cheapest OTK setup, but obviously not the strongest.
What else?

Okie Terry said:
Guess I don't understand all of what your goal is with the inserts, but they work well and install easily.
Be sure to tack weld it to the knuckle or you'll be sorry later.
If you wanted to install them on both knuckles and run a right hand drive drag link this appears to be the cheapest OTK setup, but obviously not the strongest.
What else?
Yeah, I want to get both sides up. If I do the right hand drive draglink, that gives me a same strength setup, right?
I guess the question is if anyone attempted anything elses than the inverted Y setup with the inserts on the stock knuckles.

Kejtar said:
Yeah, I want to get both sides up. If I do the right hand drive draglink, that gives me a same strength setup, right?
I guess the question is if anyone attempted anything elses than the inverted Y setup with the inserts on the stock knuckles.
Seems it would be stock strength alright.
An inverted T would work better with these inserts.

Okie Terry said:
Seems it would be stock strength alright.
An inverted T would work better with these inserts.
How would you go about attaching to the tierod for the inverted T? A straight tie rod with a stud welded on for a heim? Or a provision for a TRE on it?

Kejtar said:
How would you go about attaching to the tierod for the inverted T? A straight tie rod with a stud welded on for a heim? Or a provision for a TRE on it?
I was thinking, a single shear tab welded to the TR.

heim, or this setup:
Image22.jpg

Back